Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Mother's Day Special from the Heart


One thing that's true. We all have a mother. What that means to each individual is different. In honor of Mother's Day, today's writing prompt is a story generator and the topic will be mothers.

Pumping Your Muse Prompt:

Set the timer for 10 minutes. Sit down with a sheet of paper and make a list. Write down memory snippets, whatever comes to mind with the word mother. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Mom
homemade cookies
making lunches
the ringer washer
folding diapers
rinsing diapers
chipping my front teeth and afraid to tell you
the time I said I hate you when I was seven
putting on plays and watching you laugh
cooking for family gatherings

This list is a short example to help you see exactly what I want you to do. Once you have your list, use it over the next couple of days to write a short story. If you get it polished enough, slip it into your Mother's Day card as a Mother's Day Special gift from the heart.

If you get it done, you can submit it to Cup of Comfort for Mothers, but the deadline is May 15. You can check out the details at my Anthology News and Reviews blog.

* * *

Check out my latest interview at Stories That Read You.And my 4 star review at Teens Read Too!


No comments: