Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gardening of the Soul


It's springtime and new life burst forth promising new starts. As I planted flowers this year I thought of how I fertilize, water and keep things weed free. It takes work. It's the same with people. Write a scene that depicts a character struggling with things "planted" in her soul early in life. Here are a few ideas:

*In the therapist office
*Rocky marriage situation
*Stressed out parent
*At the beach and afraid to go in the water
*Or pick one of your own

Don't tell the struggle--show it. How does your character feel? What are they thinking? Is their fear or underlying turmoil real or perceived? What triggers it?

2 comments:

Davidlind said...

Great ideas. A doctor's visit helped me blog something recently.

I added you to my blogroll so I won't forget to come back.

Donna Sundblad said...

Thanks David,

The world is full of ideas and I love sharing mine. Thanks for contributing. Glad to know I have another regular reader.

Donna