Friday, October 24, 2008

Flip Side Scene


I want to take a moment to thank everyone for letting me know how much they enjoy the prompts here at Pumping Your Muse Prompts. You just make my day!

With that said, let's get writing. Take a look out your window. What do you see?

Outside my window, the wet deck planks shine under the overcast sky.

Pumping Your Muse Prompt:

For today's prompt we're going to write a flip side scene. For those of you who own my writing book, you'll know what this means. For those who don't: Write a short scene incorporating the weather outside your window. Then rewrite it flipping at least three details. For example, I'd look out the window in my flip side realm and see dull deck planks bleached by the harsh sun. Creating a world in the flip side gives birth to new ideas. Give it a try! You'll soon realize you're not in Kansas anymore.

* * *

If you enjoy prompts, check out Pumping Your Muse. The prompts included in this creative writing book challenge the imagination to take new direction and if followed to the conclusion of the book, provide a detailed outline along with completed scenes and developed characters for one novel, as well as a solid start for a second novel.

No comments: