Saturday, November 11, 2006

NaNo Day 10 - Stepping Over the Threshold

I've had a bit of a bug and although I didn't post here yesterday, I did get my NaNo words written. My characters crossed the threshold and entered the quest phase of the story. Everything is new, a bit uneasy and now I'm ready to learn about where they are...I've chosen Maine--a place I've always wanted to visit. That means I'll have to do a bit of research, even though my fishing village is fictional.

Today's Prompt:
Create a new place for you characters to visit. What sounds do they hear that are familiar. What's noises might stir concern? What time of day do they arrive? Don't tell--show it. What time of year is it? Who do they meet first?

Donna
Check out more articles and classes on writing at the Inspired Author

NaNoWriMo Current Word Count: 18,096

No comments: