Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Story Starter - Hummingbird

Today's prompt marks the return of the hummingbirds to my feeders. I get so much enjoyment from them. The way they move is a miracle in my sight. In research I did for my novel, Windwalker, I came to realize that hummingbird are associated with healing, wisdom, endurance. This tiny bird is also thought by some to be a messenger sent from heaven. So today's writing prompt includes a hummingbird, but how you use it...what it means is up to you.


 

Photo credit:  pixabay

Today's Writing Prompt

Before you start, I want you to look up the meaning of hummingbirds. You'll find plenty to choose from. Then with the meaning you choose in mind, start a story with this blurb: 

I drifted mindlessly back and forth on the glider. I just needed to get out of the house for some fresh air. Away from the machines beeping and buzzing. The buzz of hummingbird wings pulled me from my reverie..

No comments: