Friday, November 03, 2006

NaNo Day 3 - Fear

This morning I ran past my NaNoWriMo writing goal by about 100 words. I don't limit the high end, just have to meet the minimum. Today I placed my character in a situation that frightens her.

What scares your character and why? Sometimes writing a scene like this not only gives us insight to what makes the character tick, but it also opens up possibilities to write backstory. We fear things for a reason, and so do our characters. In today's scene answer these questions.

  • What does your character fear?
  • Why do they fear it?
  • Now don't tell it--show it.

    For more NaNoWriMo tips visit the Reader's Station.

    Donna
    Check out more articles and classes on writing at the Inspired Author

    NaNoWriMo Current Word Count: 5,252
  • No comments: