Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Long, Long Time Ago...

The 70's tune American Pie is an 8 1/2 minute song loaded with snippets of life as the author Don McClean saw it at the time.

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And, maybe, they'd be happy for a while.

Lyrics for the entire song are loaded with story ideas. Pick a line or two and use it as a story starter. You can have characters shivering in February, or good ol' boys drinking whiskey and rye. Who knows, maybe you'll get more than one story from this prompt. And while you're at it, a nice tune will be rolling around your head.

Check out more articles and classes on writing at the Inspired Author
or my fantasy blog for writers

No comments: