Monday, July 07, 2008

Switching POV on Purpose


Switching places is a popular theme that makes for an interesting story, whether it is a husband and wife switching roles, or a child and parent accidentally swapping bodies and experiencing each other's lives first hand. But today, we're going to walk in someone else's shoes to learn about our characters.

Prompt:

Take a scene you've already written and rewrite it switching to another POV. I did this when I wrote Windwalker and my protagonist, Manelin, narrowly escaped the monster chasing him through the woods. This threat broke trees like they were toothpicks! When I forced myself to write from another POV, I learned some interesting facts about that monster. In fact, I learned a weakness. Have fun as your POV character walks in someone else's shoes! You may be surprised what you learn!

No comments: