Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Writing Goals


Clearly stated goals are the step between what you want and what you get. I facilitate a writers' group designed to help writers at any level achieve what they desire most by setting goals. Goals change an obscure dream into a blueprint for action.

Prompt:

Your prompt for today is to set goals for your writing life for the month of June. Dare to dream. What do you want to accomplish?

My first writing goal, back when I decided to take writing seriously, was to write for 20 minutes a day, four days a week. I soon learned that once I got started I didn't want to stop. If you don't know where to start, challenging yourself to make time to write is a good place to start.

Once you establish monthly goals on paper, look at them each week. Break down what needs to be done and set goals for the week. Keep track of what has been accomplished and work to complete all your goals in small steps throughout the month.

No comments: