Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Paper Dolls

As a child I played with paper dolls made of lightweight cardboard and had great fun changing their outfits which were held on with little paper tabs.

For today's exercise post a character. For example. Feet spread a shoulder's width apart and hands on hips. Then take that same pose and dress the character in different clothing letting the way the character is dressed introduce the character.

Samples:

#1:
She stood with her hands on her hips. The apron at her waist smeared with splatters of grease and what looked like chocolate. The spoon clutched in her hand dripped a dollop of goo on the floor. Her feet stood firmly planted as she stared down at my muddy shoes.

#2
A sneer pulled at the corner of her red lips. Her knuckles rested on her hips drawing my eyes to her bare midriff, short skirt and those long legs hugged in thigh-high boots. Her feet spread about a foot apart I knew if I ran it would take a moment to get moving.

#3
Her bottom lip jutted in a pout and started to quiver. She propped her hands on her hips and said, "It's not my fault. He made me do it." She stomped on foot to emphasize her point, crossed her arms and stood with her feet a shoulder's width apart. Her eyes dared her older brother to contradict her.

No comments: