Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Bad Christmas Gift

I remember back in the 70's when I wanted a sunlamp for Christmas. One package under the tree met the bill. I just knew it was the aswer to my pale palor--I was excited. Christmas morning when I ripped the wrapping away, I stared at a box of new pots and pans. My heart sank--but I couldn't let the giver know how disappointed I felt. So I plastered a smile on my face and thanked him. Over time, the pots and pans proved to be the better gift, but at that moment on Christmas morning I expereienced an inner battle.

Today's prompt:

Develop a scene where a character opens a "bad gift." It can be serious, ture, fictional, or filled with humor.

Donna
Check out more articles and classes on writing at the Inspired Author

2 comments:

Tom Bailey said...

Great way of looking at it. You got the better gift over the long haul.

How does that phrase go? Thank god for some unanswered prayers? I guess that could go for wishing for a certain gift.

http://sms100.blogspot.com/

Donna Sundblad said...

Hide sight does help. This topic has brought about several interesting stories.

Donna
www.theinkslinger.net