Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NaNo Day 1

Last night before bed I jotted down ideas for my NaNoWriMo novel. These were just quick one sentence ideas. I numbered them. This morning, I started with #1 and started writing. The first was a marriage between the falcon and the otter. Sounds wierd, I know. But these animals represent qualities that bear meaning within the plot.

This morning, I wrote through the first 7 ideas and have that many for tomorrow's 1,700 words. I carry my trusty notebook with me to harvest new or evolving ideas as my mind has time to wander in the car or while waiting.

1. Jot story ideas down.
2. List four main characters.
3. Now write a two-paragraph scene (or more)

Donna
Check out more articles and classes on writing at the Inspired Author

NaNoWriMo Current Word Count: 1,707

No comments: